Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Perfect Day



Whenever I can spend the day with agility friends and my dogs, it's a perfect day. And that was my January 1, 2009.

Our agility club got together at our instructor's house. She and her husband and son graciously opened their home so we could have a pot luck lunch and a 2-mile walk in the country. We dropped off the food, leashed up the dogs, and set out on a glorious walk. It was cold but not blustery (the previous day we had 40 mph winds!). I'll bet the sight of us walking on the road must have turned many heads. Perhaps we should have gotten a parade license!

After the walk we took care of our dogs (a drink and snack) and then settled them in their crates. We then had a buffet luncheon of pork and sauerkraut (for good luck) and whatever side dishes people cared to bring. It's funny how it all came together. Perhaps the walk put an edge to my hunger, but New Year's Day pork never tasted so good!

Good friends + good food + an activity I can share with my dogs = A Perfect Day

2 comments:

Kathleen Stoltzfus said...

Sounds like a great day to me!

Josh and Jess said...

Hello there! Happy New Year to you, the family and the Shelties :) It's always great to find new Sheltie bloggers on the net. Would you like to be friends with us? We're two Shelties from New Zealand. If you like come and visit our blog on

www.oursheltie.blogspot.com

Josh and Jess