Saturday, February 28, 2009

What a Face!

Aurora has been here only two days, and she's been such a joy! Anna is really working with her foundation (impulse control, eye contact, proper leash walking). This translates into what we humans call "manners." It makes all the difference in the world. It makes a dog people want to be around.

I'm dog sitting this weekend while Anna is away and took out the camera to share "that face" with you. Here she is sitting, focused, beautiful concentration.

Here's her lovely, soft eyes and expression. What a cutie! She learns very quickly.

I was making dinner last night, so I was shaping her to get on this dog bed and stay there. She'd come off the bed, and I would ignore her. When she turned toward the bed, I'd throw a cookie on the bed. Then I upped the criteria to getting on the bed to earn a cookie. Finally, I gave her cookies only as she was resting on the bed. Here she is in early stages of learning to go to the dog bed (her choice). She wants to work; she has great attitude.


No comments: