Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Left Pawed or Right Pawed?

Mike and Cosi are going to be part of a 6th grader's science fair experiment! His hypothesis is are dogs more right pawed or left pawed? On Saturday Cosi and Mike will take part in the experiment where they must paw at an object (I think it will be a treat in a wire box). The boy will count how many times they use which paw. Should be interesting.

In agility I think it will have implications on learning the side they favor for turning. I know that when Cosi is rushed to the right, he more often than not drops a bar.

I think the next step would be if you're right handed and your dog is right pawed, is that a better combination than his being left pawed? Hmmmm...

2 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

I think I am right pawed! My question is since mom is right-handed did that affect my being right-pawed at all?

Kathy said...

OH my, I am going to have to check to see which paw my dogs favor, hummm, I must admit I have never thougth about it.