Friday, February 5, 2010

Super Bowl Weekend

We're supposed to get 8-14" of snow this weekend. Since we'll be housebound, my husband has put in a request for me to make "noodle soup." I use beef stock and boil off short ribs for the base of the soup. Then I get out flour and eggs and make noodles. I got the recipe for noodles from my trusty Betty Crocker cookbook that I got as a bridal shower gift some 31+ years ago. I have found that using a pizza cutter to cut the dough into noodles works best. I line the entire dining room table with newspaper and let the noodles dry there. When the stock is boiling, I take the newspaper sections and made a funnel to drop the noodles into the soup pot. When the noodles are tender, the soup is on. No vegatables; no meat; just noodle soup. Thus, the name. It's a family tradition his grandmother created, and at least twice a year he puts in a request. I can't resist because he enjoys it so.

Enjoy your weekend! I'll be covered with flour. GO COLTS!

2 comments:

Kathleen Stoltzfus said...

Actually, that soup sounds kind of good right about now.

Janice said...

The soup sounds good. I'll be right down.