Friday, May 7, 2010

Book Recommendation

I just finished the most fabulous book today. (Note: I "read" my books via my iPod. I download audiobooks from iTunes and listen to them while I drive. The actor who read this book is fabulous. Sometimes the story is good, but the telling is awful. This was a combination of a perfect story, and the person read it flawlessly.)

LOVE it!

I highly recommend The Art of Racining in the Rain by Garth Stein. It's a dog's life story told from the dog's point of view. His master is a race car driver. Since my husband follows racing, I "got" a lot of the racing references--the names of the drivers, the tracks, the major races and their importance. Even if you don't like racing, the story is such a great one; it's the story of a family and the changes they go through.

Read it and let me know what you think. It is definitely on my books-to-read-more-than-once list.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

1 comment:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Thanks for mentioning this book! I had heard awhile ago that it was really good but couldn't remember the title or author! Now I can reserve it from the library!