Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks

Thank you, God, for this beautiful day
This wonderful dog
And the chance to play.

That is my agility prayer, but it is also appropriate on Thanksgiving.

Thanks for Brisco and his sweet ways, how he guards us all, and how he wags his stumpy little tail when he sees me.

Thanks for Miss Jenny and her constant need to have attention, reminding me to slow down, pet her, and relax.

Thank you for sweet little Mike who wants so much to herd the ducks at the pond.

Thank you for my daring, brave Cosi who will attempt any game. He finds the joy in life and reminds me to do the same.

Thanks for my support team at home who facilitate me playing my favorite game: agility.

Thanks for a loving husband who cheers me on when we win and hugs me when we "lose."

Thanks for my agility buddies, breeders, and classmates who understand the intense love we feel for our dogs and how that translates into happiness.

2 comments:

Caren Gittleman said...

that was beautiful!
Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Cat Chat http://opcatchat.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

I'm counting you and yours as an extra special blessing.