Wednesday, July 27, 2011

MACH Bonnie's Brisco - January 11, 1999 to July 27, 2011

Brisco had not been well for about two weeks. He was eating only off and on, and I knew something was wrong. Today my suspicions were confirmed. An ultrasound showed an inoperable cancerous tumor on his liver. I was with him at the end, holding him on my lap, telling him how wonderful he truly is. I know he is pain free now and running and jumping and barking in heaven.

Brisco was my first agility dog, and I think they are always so special. I had never participated in sports before, so he lead me into a whole new chapter in my life. Here is our run at Nationals. Listen to the emcee as she reads the information I sent in about us. They asked us on the form, "What is something funny your dog does?" I wrote that Brisco likes to "talk trash" by barking and bouncing on the way to the ring. It was true. He was as mild mannered, as easy going as any Sheltie. But put a leash on him and take him to an agility ring, and he was ready to rumble!

Goodbye, my sweet prince.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Oh my, Im so sorry. He sounds like the sweetest dog. My heart goes out to you.

Sheltie Owner said...

Thank you, Diana. He was the perfect sheltie, the best agility partner, and a complete love. I will miss him.