Monday, August 29, 2011

Braving the Elements

On Tuesday last week we had an earthquake. I was at work, so I didn't know how my dogs experienced the shaking ground. They were fine when I got home.

However, this past weekend, we went through Hurricane Irene together. It hit on Saturday late in the afternoon, and blew through until Sunday afternoon. It was 12 hours of torrential rain, wind, and flooding. My boys handled it very well. They even went out into the teeth of the storm on Sunday morning at 5 a.m. and pottied! What brave shelties. Cosi actually thought it was fun. He leaped out the door, ready to bark at the rain. Miss Jenny the Poodle (who hates to be wet) went from 6 p.m. on Saturday evening until Noon on Sunday with no potty break. She'd poke her nose out the door and said, "No, thanks. I'll wait." And she did. We tried and tried, but she wouldn't go outside.

The NJ shore trip I had planned for the weekend was a bust, but we'll try again next year.

Earthquakes. Hurricanes. What's next?! Wait! Don't answer that. I don't want to know.

No comments: