Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earthquake!

Yesterday I was sitting at my desk working--OK, I was playing on the iPad they gave me--and felt the floor shake. It was as though a train or large truck was rumbling underneath. Then it kept shaking. It lasted for about 10 seconds; it felt like 10 minutes. I yelled out, "Does anyone else feel the floor moving?" My co-workers were coming out of their offices asking the same thing. We quickly exited the building and stood outside, waiting to hear an announcement.

Thank goodness for cell phones with data packages. Someone checked the internet on his phone and discovered there had been an earthquake centered in Virginia. We were feeling the effects.

About 15 minutes later we were given the all clear to return to the building. What an experience.

No comments: