Saturday, July 21, 2012

Family Weekend

We all traveled to Pittsburgh this weekend to a trial. It's a bit more work, taking all three dogs along, but the saving grace has been the fact that the facility is air-conditioned. So no lugging fans or worrying about keeping the dogs comfortable.

Cosi and I had great runs this weekend. The Fast class and Time To Beat classes added to the fun. There was a really challenging send bonus on Friday. It was weaves to the A-frame, to a tunnel in a dog walk/tunnel discrimination. We nailed it! So exciting. I'll have video uploaded soon as Jack was there to tape the runs.

Last year at this time we lost our Brisco to cancer. I see this weekend as a tribute to him. He would have loved to run these courses. I still think of him often and smile. Cosi and I are a different type of team than Brisco and I were. But Brisco got me into this sport, and for that I am forever grateful.

No comments: