Monday, August 5, 2013

Sheltie-ville

Dixie, Mike, Jenny, Rumor, Cosi, Priceless, Whimsey

We had an great weekend! There were 6 Shelties and 1 Poodle in my house. Mary came to visit and brought Rumor, Priceless, and Whimsey. All the dogs got along; Dixie remembered Auntie Rumor from her puppyhood and stuck like glue to Rumor all weekend. On Friday I had a premier grooming lesson from a pro. I trimmed Cosi's and Dixie's ears and the change in their look was dramatic. Then I learned how to trim feet and hocks. I was trying to soak it all in like a sponge.

Saturday was overcast and rain would pop up now and then. Undaunted, we headed out to Lititz to search for treasures at the various antique shops. We ate a delightful lunch at a local pub (LOVE pub food) then headed to Wilbur Chocolate factory store for some treats. On one final foray we picked up some scissors and a slicker brush to complete my grooming supplies. Back home, we fed the dogs and got ready to go to the Agility Picnic at Canine Companions Sports Center. What fun! The food was varied, homemade, and I had way too many desserts! Then we went to the van and got the dogs. We took them for a run in the fields, then over to the pond for a cooling down. Cosi immediately went in up to his belly in the pond (he used to do that when he went to camp at Coleen's). Priceless and Dixie were a bit more tentative but only at first. They each went swimming after a bit. There were lots of dogs dock jumping and retrieving in the pond, making for a very excited atmosphere. Mary said she was heartened to see so many different breeds all together, getting along, enjoying the activity. We took four tired pups home to rest up for another day.

On Sunday the day was bright and clear with zero humidity, a rarity for August. Mary and I hit the local outlet stores and found some treasures for ourselves. We got home to let the dogs play in the yard with a huge ball that I have (it's really an exercise ball for humans). It was comical to see six dogs running after a ball that is three times bigger than they are! Mary left after lunch, and as I was sitting at the computer answering emails, I noticed the dogs were all in their favorite places, sound asleep. Apparently having company wore them out. I loved it. Come again any time Auntie Rumor, Mama Whimsey, and Sweet Pricey!

No comments: