Sunday, December 8, 2013

Reflections

Now that the year is winding down and the holidays are upon us, I have been reflecting on this past year and our agility accomplishments.

Cosi is the most amazing dog. We travel well together, we hang out well together, and we run together and have fun. Next year Cosi will be 8 years old. We will make an appearance at AKC Nationals in March. My hope is to bring home a Q ribbon from Nationals. We've had a very busy agility season this fall. From September to December we went to 10 trials. Our Q rate has been less than impressive. I don't know if it's a hold over from my many successes with Brisco, but I don't feel that Cosi and I will ever reach that level of teamwork where we can Q on a regular basis. When we do Q, we place, which is nice. I despair of getting a MACH with this dog. We have 1300+ points (you need 750) but only 8 QQ's (you need 20). I despair of ever getting into double digits with QQ's. Thus, I'm thinking that next year I will back off the agility schedule to local trials. It's not worth the money of hotels and trial entry fees to keep failing. I don't have the speed and skills needed to make this dog successful. I've always felt that with a better (maybe younger?) handler, Cosi would be MACH 10 by now.

I close this blog with a heartfelt wish of a Merry Christmas to all and many blessings in the new year.

Signing off...

2 comments:

Diana said...

I know people like to Q but Q's arent everything. Is your dog having fun? Does he like to run agility with you? Im quite sure your dog doesnt have any idea if you are Qing or not. I have no double Q's with my dog. If I didnt tell you, you probably wouldnt know. I just try the best I can everytime I go out there. I make notes of what I need to work on. Have fun with your dog and dont pressure yourself so much. Merry Christmas!!

Sheltie Owner said...

Thank you, Diana, for your feedback. It's all about perspective, isn't it? ;)