Saturday, January 22, 2011

Rennovation

This house rennovation has taken on a life of its own! I'm writing this article by the light of my new desk lamp. Jack and I spent from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. today choosing living room furniture, lighting (thus, the new desk lamp), and a TV console. It was fun but exhausting for me. So many choices! Leather or fabric? Print or plain? What type of finish? Then--and here's the doosie question I always dread--what color?

I've had the superb help of our designer, Margie. What a gem she is! She came up with a plan to arrange the living room furniture, ideas for color schemes, and suggestions of pieces to purchase or consider. When I would go off on a tangent saying I like this, and this, and this, she'd bring me back in the most gentle, professional way. Focus. Focus. I couldn't have done this project without her.

Now as we wait the 6-8 weeks for the furniture to get here, there are window treatments, accessories, and linens to choose. I'll be grateful when the agility season starts for me in March. At least at a trial I don't have to decide what color leash to use! LOL

No comments: