Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August

August is my favorite month of the year. Not only is it the height of summer, but for me it's also the month of vacation, relaxation, and no responsibility. In December I don't "feel" that New Year feeling, that winding down, that start of something new coming up. I feel that in August. Being an educator, my "New Year" always starts for me in September. (I know, I'm old fashioned. School should start after Labor Day!) So August is the time when you enjoy the full swing of summer and all it's lovely outdoor activities, barbeques, and summer sights sounds like cicadias in the trees and lightening bugs at dusk.

August is also a great time for birthdays. Miss Jenny will be 10 soon. Here's a picture of Jenny with her favorite person--Daddy.

Enjoy your summer.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

What a great looking family including the Poodle Princess !!!