Monday, April 11, 2011

So Much Going On

I haven't written for a while because I haven't been in front of a computer long enough to write a blog entry.

Here are some highlights:

When Janice was here visiting, we were driving down a 4-lane divided highway when overhead we saw this massive bird. As it neared the ground, we saw it was a bald eagle. What an experience to see such a beautiful bird. The white head and tail feathers were quite striking.

Margie continued to work her magic on the rennovation of the house. She delivered some re-framed art work and decorative pillows. The furniture arrived, and she was on hand to help place everything. What a change! I'm overwhelmed. It turned out even better than I imagined. Everett helped to hang the artwork and curtains. He's been such a blessing. We couldn't have done it without him.

Our agility club co-hosted a huge trial that brought a lot of big name handlers to the event. One of those people was Susan Garrett. To say I was star struck is an understatement. There, in the flesh and blood, was the person I've been reading, seeing on the web, and following for the past three years. How exciting. I got to talk briefly with her ringside; it was the highlight of the weekend for me. Cosi and I Q'd in Gamblers and ran very well in standard and jumpers. If not for knocked bar (one in each class), we would have had a banner weekend. I watched my videos; he's head checking to see where I am. Looks like I have to get out the Success With One Jump video and get some practice exercises...from Susan Garrett, of course!

No comments: