Thursday, September 10, 2009

9/9/09

Yesterday was the debut of The Beatles Rock Band game. Everything goes in cycles, so it is no surprise to me that the greatest rock band ever is surging to popularity yet again. Growing up in the '60's, I was a complete devotee of The Beatles. I remember getting my Meet The Beatles album for Christmas. It was opened and under the tree, next to my new record player. The reason it was opened was that my mother had been playing it for the previous two weeks. Before she gave it to me, she wanted to see what all the fuss was about. She said she'd put it on the hifi and clean the house, dancing to "I want to hold your hand"!

When the band members began to get married, I told my mother that Paul was waiting to marry me! We still giggle about that childish statement. I collected all their albums over the years, cherishing the music that framed my adolescent years.

And now they're part of a computer game. Who needs a computer? As a teenager I sang in front of a mirror, holding my hairbrush and pretending I was a rock star. Some things never change.

Who was *your* favorite Beatle?

2 comments:

The Bradley Dogs said...

You are SO wrong, Bonnie. Paul was waiting for me. :-) I made an old refrigerator box into a Beatles Clubhouse with Beatles cards hung all over the inside.

Sheltie Owner said...

I still HAVE my Beatles trading cards! (Complete with little hearts drawn next to Paul's head!)