Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Fortune Cookie

I met Jack for lunch the other day at his favorite Chinese restaurant. The best thing about eating there--aside from the crab rangoons--is the fortune cookie that comes at the end of the meal. He will usually grab them and switch them from hand to hand, mixing them up. I get to choose, and you must state what the cookie will predict before opening it.

I chose a cookie and said, "This applies to agility trials." I opened it and read, "You are grateful for the small pleasures in life." Truer words were never spoken. I enjoy seeing my friends run their dogs, cheering for their victories such as completed weave poles or a fast down on the table, sharing a bacon and egg sandwich with Cosi after our first run of the day, or snoozing next to Cosi back at the hotel, tired after a great day of "running, jumping, and barking" (my nickname for agility).

What simple pleasures in life do you enjoy? I think my top three would be (1) walking with my dogs early in the morning, (2) knitting as my dogs snooze, tired from an activity we did together, and (3) seeing my dogs happy, smiling, eager to know what's next.

1 comment:

Diana said...

I enjoy walking my dogs at the park ,early in the morning when no one is around. I enjoy a warm bath and take pictures of things I think are beautiful or interesting. Diana