Friday, December 18, 2009

A Sad State of Affairs

This year's AKC Invitational was a sad state of affairs. I had read posted items on the AgileDogList, but sometimes those postings are exaggerations. However, someone at the event took video and edited it into this segment:

Click here to view the video on YouTube.

I saw that video and was appalled. I saw a fellow competitor, Maureen Waldren, in the video with her Keeshound, Meg. How sad that she had to put up with conditions like that. We've all known crazy weather days at agility trials. This was past that and into another realm! They were basically crating in a river!

As exhibitors what can we do? To whom should we write to effect change?

UPDATE

I saw a posting today from an exhibitor who was there. She writes that the AKC send an letter of apology to the agility competitors. As she put it, they learned a huge lesson from this event. I'm glad there's been a some positive results from this Invitational.

1 comment:

Rohan Shelties said...

they cant possibly be thinking about showing this on TV, can they??? That is OUTRAGEOUS! I would have been horrified. I havent CAMPED on VACATIONS in conditions like that!!! I hope everyone was safe...
thanks for putting this up!
Jenn, Heidi and Shelby