Friday, February 12, 2010

Making Lemonade

Mother Nature sure sent us a bunch of lemons. We can't get to the trial in Delaware. We can't get out of our town! The blowing snow still has roads blocked both here and at the southern end of the county. It's too dangerous to try and drive to Delaware, knowing that we could be stranded along the way.

The dogs have been awesome for the past four days. But four days with no walks equals cabin fever. So I decided to "make some lemonade" today. I got out the shovel and made a speed circle. Then I got out the toys and played with the dogs, using a "Go!" command with Cosi to have him drive the rest of the circle without me. The best part of this play was Mike. He was actually driving after a tug toy and then brought it to me to tug! That's HUGE. He never did that before. My big man.

Here are some photos courtesy of Jack:

Here's a birds-eye-view from the second story window. I made the circle around the A-frame. That A-frame sure is coming in handy!

3 comments:

Kathleen Stoltzfus said...

Well talk about cabin fever, my driveway finally got plowed today at 5:00 p.m.! I was about to send out an S.O.S.! Not that there was anywhere urgent to go, but I do like having options at least! In the last week, I was able to leave this property exactly one day. A little too much alone time, even for me.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Wow - that's a lot of snow! Sorry you can't get to the trial but glad you found a way to have some fun!

The Bradley Dogs said...

Way to go, Mike!!!