Saturday, June 19, 2010

Testimonial

First, an update on my father. Thank you for your kind emails, comments, and offer to help. He's still in the hospital and will stay there until his respiratory therapy is no longer needed, probably until Monday. I talk to him daily, and his breathing is much improved.

Today I surprised my friend, Kathy, with a visit to her produce stand at the farmers' market. Oh. My. Goodness! I was in heaven with so many lovely items to choose. I brought home potatoes, tomatoes, golden beets, zucchini, and garlic scrapes. I couldn't wait to have lunch! I roasted all of the above in a bit of almond oil and rosemary. You just can't beat the from-the-ground-to-your-table freshness and taste. If you have the chance to get to Eastern Market on King Street this summer, GO! Do not walk. Run!

Thank you, Kathy, for the feast I had today.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

So happy Bonnie, for your report on your dad's improvement and also that you had a great day !!!

Kathleen Stoltzfus said...

You're welcome, so you like the garlic?
And so sorry I forgot to ask about your father today! It just escaped my mind. But so relieved to hear he's doing better.