Sunday, January 25, 2009

Out of Novice

At the Williamsport trial this weekend, Cosi and I managed to finally get out of Novice! Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's shameful to be in Novice. It's just painful! It's always the last class of the day, and by then I'm ready to head for home, especially on a Sunday.

We needed one more leg in Novice jumpers with weaves. We had a nicely flowing course by a newbie judge. He set the standard course time at 39 seconds for 109 yards. Cosi and I finished it with a clean run and a time of 17.8. The boy was flying!

Sorry I don't have video. My friend who was to accompany me was too ill with a cold to come. I didn't want her at a cold, drafty trial when she needed to stay warm. With the temps in the teens, I was glad she stayed home.

Now on to the Open class and working on trying to keep it together for more than 15 obstacles.

3 comments:

Kathleen Stoltzfus said...

Congratulations!

Sheltie Owner said...

It was an awesome run. What a thrill!

Wish you could have seen it...

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Congratulations! We're going to find out how awful it is to wait around for the novice class starting in a few weeks at our first trial. Hopefully it won't take us long to get out of it either!