Monday, March 9, 2009

That Smell

Brisco at one of his early trials. Here he is in Novice Jumpes With Weaves. He placed first and QQ'd that day.


They say that smell is the strongest memory trigger of all of the senses. I find that to be so true.

I was home on a vacation day, and--as I love to do when I'm home--I took the dogs for a very long walk around 6:30 a.m. And I smelled it. That wet grass, early morning, mud, earthy smell. That always reminds me of outdoor agility trials. I can clearly remember driving with Kathy to trials (back in the day!) when most of them were held outdoors. We'd put up our tent and live there for the weekend. That early morning smell is forever connected to those wonderful trips and my early agility experience.

Thanks for the good memories, Kathy. Brisco and I really enjoyed those days. =:O)

2 comments:

Acadia Shelties said...

Oh I know what you are talking about!!!! The SMELL of Life (earth, dirt, grass attempting to poke out- yes, just life!)
Cadie

Sheltie Owner said...

Yes! That's exactly it, Cadie. I love that smell.
Bonnie