Thursday, May 28, 2009

Discriminations & Distance

In agility class last night we worked on discriminations (tunnel/A-frame) and some distance work. I was thrilled to see these two challenges in class as they're always something we need to work. Cosi was excited and running well. After class we practiced weave poles. We only did a few passes, but we reached a milestone. I've been working on his staying in the poles, no matter what I do. Around pole #7 I spin 360 degrees. It used to pop him right out. HE STAYED IN! I repeated it a few more times spining at various poles; he stayed in every time. Wahoo! I hope this means he's getting it.

My back is still bothering me pretty badly. I was hurting after class and today. I'm up to buying Icey Hot gel by the gallon instead of the tube. Sitting is the worst. I can't sit for more than 15 minutes if I want to be able to walk. Driving is horrible.

I got engrossed in a computer video project at work today (I was making a tutorial), and I ended up at my desk for an hour and 45 minutes. I realized I needed a break, but could barely get out of the chair. I looked like the Hunchback of Notre Dame when I tried to walk. My left leg is so weak, I can't move it correctly to stride.

*sigh*

The trial this weekend is outdoors, the worst scenario for me. I've been hobbling along on indoor soccer arenas (nice and f-l-a-t surfaces). I'll load up on Advil and bring my tub of Icey Hot gel. It will be good footing for Cosi, so I'm excited to get to run him outdoors.

Did I mention I start physical therapy on Monday? Maybe Jack can take me in on a stretcher.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Good luck this weekend. I went to PT for my back a few years ago. It was great. They have these moist heat packs that feel great. Plus they were huge so they covered you whole back. Loved that. I hope it helps you feel better. Diana

Sheltie Owner said...

Thanks, Diana. Something to look forward to!
=:O)