Monday, June 20, 2011

Reflections

The sudden and unexpected death of a friend and colleage last week has me quite introspective. What would be my regrets if I died before I had time to...

tell the people I love that I love them

enjoy each day as a gift

be present in the moment and give my attention to those around me

It may sound cliche, but these are my thoughts. So I acted on them. I made some calls to friends, emailed others, to re-connect. As I walk the dogs in the evening, I stop thinking about the day's events and what is troubling me. I look at the sky, the scenery, the dogs and think, "Thank you, God, for this beautiful day and these wonderful dogs." At work I look people in the eye and give them my attention instead of typing while they talk.

Not ground-breaking, earth-shattering stuff, but just a little something in memory of Mary.

No comments: