Monday, June 13, 2011

Williamsport

Cosi and I just got back from a succesful trip to Williamsport. We stayed with my good friend, Janice, and Friday night the thunderstorms would not quit. There was one at 1:30 a.m., 3:30 a.m. and as we were packing up to leave at 5 a.m. It was pouring buckets as we inched our way to the site. Needless to say, we were not a well rested team.

The judge at this trial liked pinwheels and it showed in his course design. All weekend we went round and round. We Q's in jumpers on Saturday and took first place. Sadly I have no video as my friend Rosie (who usually helps me out with that) was only three dogs behind me in the running order. I couldn't ask her to tape as she needed to get her dog ready to run. The jumpers run was a thing of beauty--smooth, under control, and efficient. LOVED it. We missed a QQ because in standard he dropped a bar.

On Sunday it was standard first, and he ran past the table. However, when I checked the results, if he didn't have that refusal, he would have beaten the first placed dog by 7 seconds. Wow! That kind of statistic keeps me hopeful. :-)

A great weekend with good--although dizzying--courses and fellowship with friends.

No comments: