Thursday, October 21, 2010

Grooming Tip

My poodle, Jenny, has, like most poodles, runny eyes. I think she has allergies because sometimes the girl can s-n-o-r-e. The stains on her face from the eye discharge are tough to deal with, and I've tried many things. However, I think I've finally found the solution.
Jenny is on Angel Eyes, a supplement that she gets with her morning meal. This stops a lot of the discharge from her allergies. But her fur is still darkened and detracts from her beautiful poodle expression. I stumbled upon this solution: one night as I was getting ready for bed, I was washing my face with a new product. I was using an Olay cleansing cloth. On an impulse, after I was finished, I took the cloth (it only had a bit of soap left in it) and used it on Jenny's face. I knew it wouldn't sting because I use it to remove my eye makeup. After a week of using my "second hand" facial cloths, Jenny's tear stains are gone. She has to be more comfortable without that sticky stuff clumping up her fur. Not to mention she's gorgeous now without that running mascara look on her eyes. Who knew? Maybe Olay shouold feature her in their next commercial!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Thanks for the tip. Diana

Acadia Shelties said...

Thanks for the tip! What a great idea.