Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Perfect Guest

Anna is here! Yea! She's moved to Pennsylvania for graduate school. She's only an hour away, and I'm thrilled that we'll get to see her more often. Aurora, her 2-year-old Boston Terrier, will also be going to graduate school.

On Saturday Anna moved into her new on-campus apartment. She asked us to dinner and graciously said, "Bring the dogs, too." I hadn't been in a dorm apartment since 1976! Sure brought back memories of college days.

Anna had a wonderful dinner for us, then we sat around the table, playing cards, talking. My dogs normally go to bed around 8:30 p.m. They're done for the day. Well, we ended up socializing until 10 p.m. When I went to leave, three of my dogs were asleep on the couch. Where was Cosi? I checked the bedroom, bathroom, no Cosi. Then we looked in Aurora's crate. Now Aurora is a very small Boston, about 10 pounds. Cosi--17.5 inches at the shoulder and 28 pounds--had wedged himself in her crate. He knew it was time for bed, so he found a crate. What a funny dog!