Monday, May 3, 2010

Maytown's 250th Celebration

It was scripted from above. The weather--perfect. The programs and activities--specatular. The response from the townspeople--fabulous. Maytown celebrated it's 250th anniversary with style.

One of the vendors on the square rented period costumes. Anna took the opportunity to dress up as a civil war widow. Here she is posing with Aurora:

On Saturday the good folks from Canine Compaions (my agility class classmates) came and put on an agility and flyball demo for the Maytown Youth Organization baseball and softball teams. It was a huge success. Here's a photo of Cosi and me during the 18 weave pole race:

The MC for the entire event was Jack. I was so proud of him. He really came through for his town. Here's my Jack:

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Thank you for sharing this Bonnie. I was unable too attend , so I appreciate the recap of the festivities....Jack's the man !!!!

Sheltie Owner said...

We love him even though he chews the couch. LOL!

Debbie said...

Can you believe that originally you thought it was a bad boy Sheltie ??