Sunday, February 22, 2009

Grooming




I took advantage of an ugly day outside and stayed inside to bathe my three shelties. My poodle went to the groomer's on Saturday, so my entire pack is shampooed, fluffed, and gorgeous. Here is a before picture. I bathed Cosi (left) Brisco (center), and Mike (right). They are still wet and looking like drowned pups and not the spectacular shelties that they are. For my birthday one year my Mom bought me Hair Force One dog hair dryer. It's fantastic. They dry in minutes instead of hours.

My grooming process is quite involved, and the hair is *everywhere*! My dream is to have a grooming room with all the amenities. As it is, I groom on the glassed-in porch we have. When I'm done, all I can say is thank goodness for Swiffer pads. Here's just some of the hair I got from brushing and combing. Anyone want to spin it into doggie yarn? =:O)

I trimmed ears and shaped the hair so that they don't have that wild look. Then I trimmed up feet, hocks, and shaved bellies. I use all Chris Christensen products on their coats. The end result is a fluffy soft and sweet dog that I can't stop kissing.

Here's their after picture. Even Jenny got in the act as she was groomed and beau-ti-sum too. Cosi (left) is 3, Jenny the Poodle is 7, Brisco is 10, and Mike (right) will be 5 in April. What a great looking pack, eh? My husband says we should name our agility team GROOM 'N' ZOOM. Love it!

2 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Yes, they all look wonderful! Mom wonders if you can come here and groom me! :)

Sheltie Owner said...

Tell your Mom, Ricky, that you deserve the spa treatment too! =:O)