Monday, February 9, 2009

Tease, Tease, Tease

Mother Nature is a Tease
What a weekend! The weather was 50 then 60 degrees F on Saturday and Sunday. I kept finding excuses to stay outside. The dogs and I had glorious hour-long walks twice a day both days. I'm thinking that today they're saying, "Thank goodness she went to work. Now we can rest!"

Now the next bout of cold weather or snow will be doubly hard to deal with since we've had this taste of spring. I worked Cosi in the yard on jumping on Saturday. He was a giant mud ball by the time we were done. I've devised a new clean-up method. Instead of just wiping paws when they come in, I fill a low bucket with warm water. Paws must be dunked, swished, and wiped before coming in. Of course, one is paid the sum of One Huge Dog Biscuit for this work.

An Intersting Site
A friend of mine went to a museum featuring the works of various portrait artists. Here's a web site she shared with me showing photographs by Yousuf Karsh: http://www.karsh.org/#/the_work/home/

I found it quite intriguing. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Josh and Jess said...

Same here. We had good weather both days so the dogs got long walks twice a day. They'll be glad when I'm gone :)

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Yep, mom has been complaining about the ice and snow and now she's complaining about the mud! She tries to put my paws in water to clean me off and I have a fit!